Okkas Stefanos: Curriculum Vitae
Born in Germany and raised in Trikala, he was involved in various sports from a young age, continuing to participate in an amateur level until today. Fortunately for him, the studies that followed at the University of Hamburg (1988-1994) focused on sports for all and in particular on the specialization ‘Business, Leisure Time, Training’ with additional studies in Leisure Time Pedagogy.
- Certified instructor about affairs of Sports (1999).
- 20 years of experience in Organization-Implementation of sports and motor recreational programs for adults and children in public and private institutions.
- 20 years of experience as a canoe-kayak coach.
- 5 years of experience as a physical education teacher in public schools.
- He served as an athletic director in the official event of the ‘15th WorldCorporate Games’ in 2003 in Thessaloniki and the ‘1st Europe Corporate Games’ in 2004 in Thessaloniki.
- Head of the gym at the Ministry of Employment 2003-04.
- Member since 2002 in the Hellenic Scientific Society of Sports & Recreation Management (ELLEEDAA).
- Publication-writing on projects of work sports and health promotion in the workplace. He obtained the Master in the postgraduate interdepartmental program "Exercise and quality of life" in 2011 and his research was on the desires & needs of employees of large organizations-companies in Attica for issues of health promotion in the workplace.
- He was a key scientific collaborator in the project: "Ef-Kinisis”. Enhancing the promotion of health in the work environment through sports-motor recreation of the Attica Region, writing the guide "Exercise at work, guide for mobile breaks and creation of sports teams "and designing the intervention programs of the project (2014-2015).
His vision, the well-structured organization of work-corporate sport and its contribution to the concept of lifelong exercise.
Nutritionist - Dietitian
Graduate of the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
of ATEI Thessaloniki